Did You Know?
- The Transcarpathian region is the most ecologically clean region of Ukraine. The general area of lands under protection makes 12.5% of Transcarpathian area.
- The Carpathian Biosphere Reserve was listed by UNESCO as one of the planet's most essential reserves. It is made of several massifs, including Mount Hoverla, mount Pop Ivan, Mount Drahobrat and the Daffodils' Valley.
- Uzhanskyi National Natural Park, which is in the Eastern Carpathians, is known for its flora, much of which is listed in the Red Data Book.
- The National Natural Park “Synevyrskoye Ozero” (“Synevyr Lake”) is in the Mizhhirya raion.
- The Vilshansk Reservoir and the Lypovetske Lake are in the Khustskyi raion.